Analytics

Saturday, August 13, 2016

An excerpt from......

Unsent: Poetry and Letters to Myself






The day love went away

We had been talking for hours, mostly of things with trivial significance. As I listened to your voice, I reminisced of all the things that made you uniquely special to me.

How your smile did not just simply brighten my day; it goaded the clouds away for weeks at a time.  The laughter you and I shared filled our hearts with joy and we danced like butterflies in flight on a spring day.

Your most gentle touch reveals that you were there to guide me down the road we chose to walk hand in hand.

The gaze you so lovingly held in reserve for me was like a natural mountain lake; eviscerate, never before noticed and immaculate.

Tales of the day echoed through my mind before the words began to sound like the screams of one thousand mothers lamenting the death of their children.

It completely destroyed the walls I had erected to guard my heart and I felt the tears from the well of my soul as they began their ascent to the endless fountain nestled in my eyes.

As the feeling of sadness saturated every facet of my body, I watched the life we had so carefully planned fall into the recesses of oblivion, never to be realized.

Your touch once warm, tender, and soothing was now like the surgeon's scalpel tearing me limb from limb.

When your eyes no longer saw in me the person with whom you wanted and needed to provide safety to and comfort for,
When they no longer chose to grow wide and intent simply in my presence,
When they no longer held me captive, but catapulted me far from the distance of your scrutiny; unable to share our most inner thoughts and desires, our dreams, our goals, our triumphs, and our weaknesses ............

That was the day love went away.


No comments:

Post a Comment